VCCE is Your Gateway to Entrepreneurship at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It aims at cultivating entrepreneurship among CUHK students with events that enrich their understanding of entrepreneurship and challenge their creativity as well as perseverance. It also helps nurture future entrepreneurs from the University network and to select student teams to represent the University to attend regional, national, and international competitions.
- Individual and team enrolment are accepted
- For team enrolment, up to five members per team with at least one CUHK student (UG/PG & FT/PT) in any disciplines or alumni
VCCE is beginner-friendly. We will offer training workshops during the Boot Camp as well as on-site consultants to equip you with knowledge as well as skills.
There are two kinds of financial support:
- Champion: HK$ 10,000
- 1st Runner-up: HK$ 8,000
- 2nd Runner-up: HK$ 5,000
Up to HK$ 50,000 Project Development Fund for per winning team
- Green lane to CUHK PI Centre (subject to rules and regulations of CUHK PI Centre)
- Green lane to regional, national or international entrepreneurship competitions
- Training and Mentorship
- Co-working space and facility at CUHK InnoPort (subject to rules and regulations of CUHK InnoPort)
- Networking Opportunities – To meet liked minded entrepreneurs and investors in our follow-up events
VCCE provides the Project Development Fund to each winning teams to help them take business ideas from concept to demo with mentorship and funding support during a period of six (6) months.
- The amount of the Prototype Development Fund is up to HK$50,000 per team and only team member who is current CUHK student (UG/PG & FT/PT) is eligible to receive the fund.
- Mentor will be assigned to each winning team to assist and monitor the prototype development. Mentor and the team will work together to set milestones for the prototype development.
- The Prototype Development Fund will be disbursed in three (3) installments upon completion of each milestone and approval of the mentor and.
For any other inquiry on the fund, you can contact us by mail or call.
Evidence of creativity or innovative advances in idea, prototype, product, application, service and etc.
There is a clear market need presented as well as a way to take advantage of that need.
Realistic ideas that contribute to general wellbeing of wider society